CHIEF PEOPLE AND CULTURE OFFICER
“It is the people that drive an organization to succeed or fail. At Four Seasons there is no greater driver of success than our people. They fulfill our brand promise of service excellence every day. Ensuring we reinforce and sustain our authentic, high-performing culture in a way that is adaptive to our ever-changing world will continue to be our greatest competitive advantage.”
Ed Evans is responsible for advancing the Four Seasons global HR strategy in support of the company’s leadership and growth objectives.
Ed oversees a global team of HR professionals to ensure Four Seasons attracts, develops and retains the best talent in the world to build and strengthen the company’s iconic culture of service excellence. Consistently recognized as an employer of choice, Four Seasons has been named by Fortune magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work for” in America every year since the list’s inception in 1998, and earned similar recognition in the Middle East and Europe – achievements that recognize the key role that our more than 43,000 employees worldwide play in the company’s ongoing success.
An experienced HR executive with more than 30 years of experience in hospitality and managed services environments, Ed’s passion for hospitality is widely recognized, as is his deep understanding of organizational culture, and well-honed talent for finding leaders who effectively manage and lead in environments where the front-line workforce is the face of the company.
“The most innovative cultures are those capable of continuous improvement. It is how they remain relevant and vibrant. This is only possible in organizations like Four Seasons when employees are united around a common set of values and behaviours. This stability and foundation is what gives employees the confidence to take risks, embrace change and be extraordinary.”
- At Four Seasons: Joined Four Seasons in 2016
- Previously: Prior to joining Four Seasons, Ed led the Hospitality and Managed Services practice of a boutique executive and board search firm and held operations management and senior executive HR roles in leading global companies in multiple industries, including Univar, Republic Services/Allied Waste, Marriott Corporation, and Saga Foodservice.
- Education: Ed holds a BS from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration and an MBA from its Johnson School of Management.
- Served as the Founding Director of The Cornell Hotel School’s Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship, and maintains active involvement with the school
- The Beat Goes On: Ed is married to his high school sweetheart, Brenda; they met playing in the marching band together.
- Classic Pursuits: A love of cars fuels Ed’s collection of antique cars – he owns four. His vintage collection also includes a 1932 Mahogany speed boat named Tuffy, in honour of his father-in-law.
- Gastro Sleuth: Ed loves discovering interesting places to eat, especially those well off the beaten path. In his journeys he has stumbled upon everything from Castello Banfi Il Borgo in Tuscany to Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Texas.