Nestled between two turquoise bays on the island of Anguilla in the British West Indies, our Resort is 8 kilometres (5 miles) from St Maarten and 32 kilometres (20 miles) from St Barts – close enough for a day trip by boat if you wish, or secluded enough to feel as though you’re on an exclusive island hideaway.
Travelling to Anguilla
- There are a variety of ways to arrive in Anguilla. The most common way is to fly into Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM). Then, take a sea shuttle to Anguilla (shared or private; 25 minutes by boat), or fly to Anguilla's airport, Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport (AXA), on a 7-minute flight. You may also fly into Anguilla from Antigua, Puerto Rico or St. Kitts. Lastly, you can fly directly into Anguilla from any location via your own private jet.
- Once you arrive in Anguilla, you may hire a taxi at the Blowing Point Ferry Terminal, arrange for a car service, or rent a car. Our concierge team will be happy to assist with making your transportation arrangements.
Need to Know
- Late and Early Arrivals to and from St Maarten
- You will need to arrange a private boat charter if your transportation to St Maarten must take place before 7:00 am or after 6:00 pm (outside of standard operating hours), with advanced approval from the Government. A shared sea shuttle costs USD 230 per adult, USD 115 per child (3-11), and is free for infants (0-2). A private boat charter can be purchased for USD 880 for up to 6 individuals. A USD 70 fee will apply for each additional adult, USD 35 for each additional child (3-11), and no charge for infants (0-2). A required government departure tax will automatically be charged to your room. Departure taxes are according to the following, please note that government taxes are subject to change without notice: USD 28 per adult; USD 18 per child (5-11); USD 8 per child (2-4); USD 5 per child (0-1).
- Taxi Service from Blowing Point Ferry Terminal, Anguilla
- Taxi reservations are not required. Pricing ranges from USD 22 (seaport)/USD 28 (airport) per couple, and a USD 1 surcharge may apply for additional luggage over two pieces.
- It is customary to tip the porters for transporting your bags onto the boats or taxis. A few dollars per bag is accepted. You do not need to tip boat captains or anyone at customs.
Let us make the arrangements
- Boat Transfers from St Maarten
- As you exit the arrival hall at the airport in St Maarten, a Four Seasons representative will greet you, assist with your luggage and take you via car to the dock for the boat transfer. The entire boat trip will be about 25 to 30 minutes to Blowing Point Ferry Port in Anguilla, and along the way you’ll enjoy the beautiful sea views as well as complimentary rum punch, local beer and water, or choose from a selection of non-alcoholic beverages. Rates begin at USD 110 per adult, USD 55 per child (ages 3–11), and no charge of infants up to 2, one way, for the Shared Sea Shuttle service. Private boat charters are USD 500 per trip for up to four people, and USD 70 per additional adult and USD 35 per additional child (ages 3–11). There is no charge for children 2 years old and under.
- Private Plane Charters Into Anguilla
- Anguillan Air Services (AAS) can be booked online through the airline company or through the Concierge. Shared Air Shuttle is USD 175.10 per person, round trip, departing at scheduled times. Private air charters are USD 540 one way for one to seven travellers with checked baggage, departing at your convenience. USD 250 will be charged for an additional pilot per trip, upon request. Upon arrival into St Maarten, you will proceed to the transfer information desk, which is just before immigration, where an AAS agent will assist you with both immigration and baggage claim. This will avoid long immigration lines. Additional fees such as In-Transit Taxes will apply: USD 23 per person from St. Maarten to Anguilla per trip (this tax will be added to your air fare) and USD 20 per person from Anguilla to St. Maarten per trip (this tax is to be paid at the airport on departure). All prices quoted are approximates and are subject to change without notice.
- Transfers from Blowing Point Ferry Terminal, Anguilla
- When you arrive in Anguilla, you will need to clear customs again. A Four Seasons representative will be waiting for you at the terminal. Town cars, luxury SUVs or luxury vans must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance. Pricing varies based on number of guests and luggage. Charges can be billed to your room or paid locally to the driver.
- Car Rentals on Anguilla
- For easy island excursions, car rentals can be arranged once you arrive at the Resort.
- Arrivals at Anguilla’s Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport
- The island's Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport (AXA) is easily accessible by air by large private jets or charters (props and regional jets). The main gateways serving Anguilla include: St Maarten, Puerto Rico and Antigua. Our closest gateway is St. Maarten/Martin (SXM).
Transport Hubs and Directions
- PRINCESS JULIANA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, ST MARTIN/ST MAARTEN (SXM)
- Travel Time
- 25 to 30 minutes by boat 10 minutes by private plane
- SAN JUAN LUIS MUÑOZ MARÍN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (SJU)
- Travel time
- 1 hour by private plane
- Visit Tradewind Aviation for flights direct into Anguilla (AXA)
- From Blowing Point Ferry Terminal, Anguilla
- Travel time
- 15 to 20 minutes by car
- Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport (AXA
- Travel Time
- 20 minutes by car
All prices are subject to change without notice.