Four Seasons invites you to discover the French Riviera’s most emblematic roads behind the wheel of an iconic classic car or supercar and experience the history, culture and lifestyle along the Mediterranean coastline.
- A Glamorous History
The French Riviera’s scenic roads have been immortalized in numerous famous movies, with breathtaking views that inspired legendary films such as To Catch a Thief, directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Grace Kelly and Cary Grant; Grace of Monaco, starring Nicole Kidman; James Bond movies, including GoldenEye and Never Say Never Again; and more recently, the British TV series Riviera. We invite you to follow those illustrious celebrities’ steps in our customized driving itineraries.
- How it works
- Explore the tour ideas below, or allow our Concierges, in collaboration with our official car partner Joey Rent, to customize your driving itinerary. Select your car and travel top-down for the French Riviera experience of a lifetime.
- Distance: 60 kilometres
- The “Corniches”
- This tour is designed to explore the famous “Corniche” roads along the Mediterranean coast that join Nice to Monaco. Drive through Eze, the magnificent medieval perched village. Follow your way to La Turbie village and its Trophy of Augustus, built in 6 BC in honour of Octavius, Julius Caesar’s nephew and future Emperor Augustus. End your journey in Monaco only 20 minutes from the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat.
- Distance: 75 kilometres
- When scenic roads meet French Riviera art and culture
- Our Concierges have selected the main cultural highlights along beautiful scenic roads between Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat and the village of Vence. Your journey starts at Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, an architectural Belle Époque jewel with certainly the most beautiful garden of the Côte d’Azur. Continue to Cagnes-sur-Mer and stop at the Grimaldi Castle, former residence of the Monaco Princely family. Stop by the famous Maeght Foundation to admire its unique modern art collection before arriving at Saint-Paul de Vence. Only a ten-minute drive from there is the charming provençal village of Vence and its Rosary Chapel, entirely conceived and decorated by Henri Matisse.
- Distance: 100 kilometres
- The French Riviera’s iconic coastal roads
- Drive along the Mediterranean Sea and stop at the main coastal highlights and villages to experience the real French Riviera way of living. Your journey starts in the fishing village of Villefranche-sur-Mer, viewing its beautiful bay and Vauban fortress. Continue through the iconic Promenade des Anglais of Nice and drive by the cities of Cagnes-sur-Mer and Villeneuve-Loubet for the different sea views. The Fort Carré, another renowned work by Vauban dated from the second half of the sixteenth century, will welcome you to the old city of Antibes. Stop for lunch, take a walk through the rambling pedestrian streets, visit the Picasso museum or peruse the beautiful local market. Do not miss this ride along the Cap d’Antibes roads to experience the breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea.
Our Concierges are pleased to customize each itinerary in partnership with Joey Rent and share some recommendations on where to stop, eat and park. Roadside assistance is available upon request.