Adventures by Land
- Papagayo Explorers
Our in-house adventure outfitter, Papagayo Explorers, welcomes you to join their expert team of naturalist guides and translators for epic eco-adventures. Whether mountain biking, outrigger canoeing or trekking on a nature safari, the team will inspire you to connect, learn and share in the discovery of the peninsula through experiences with purpose.
Costa Rica’s clear skies and serene evenings make it an ideal stargazing destination. Capture up-close shots of the moon, planets, star clusters and galaxies through our high-tech telescope. (Complimentary / seasonal)
- Morning Hike at the Resort
Start your day with stunning vistas and friendly encounters with local residents such as howler and white-faced monkeys. Join us for an invigorating 1.5-hour hike along the hillsides and staircases that connect our property, including the famed 700-step climb.
- Bike Tour
Enjoy the peninsula on two wheels. Explore the peninsula's beautiful scenery and wildlife on this guided, 1.5-hour tour and start your day the pura vida way, under the Costa Rican sky. (Complimentary / must be 14 years old)
- Day Hike at Arenal Volcano
Discover the most emblematic volcano in Costa Rica, located in front of Arenal Lake, with this full-day tour. After arriving by car to the base of the volcano, embark on a hike that crosses six suspension bridges before visiting hot springs. (Lunch and dinner included)
- Guachipelin Canyon Tour
Located next to Rincon de la Vieja National Park, Guachipelin will allow you to embrace adventure by performing a canyon tour with seven zip line cables, then horseback riding to stunning waterfalls. Add a visit to the Rio Negro Hot Springs to relax after the canyon tour.
- Sensoria Land of Senses
Venture through the Costa Rican jungle, under the watch of centennial trees, and take in expansive nature in this private sanctuary. Along the easy three-hour hike, you will find thermal and natural springs along with waterfalls – all perfect for a relaxing dip.
- Sky Trek
- Sky Trek is a thrilling zip line circuit that’s located in the magical forests of Monteverde, 3.5 hours away from the Resort. Your tour will start with an open-air gondola ride to the highest point of the mountain, where you’ll take in stunning views of the surrounding forest, the Arenal Volcano on one horizon, and the gulf of Nicoya at the other. Ride eight zip lines, measuring up to 328 feet (100 metres) in height and 2,460 feet (750 metres), during this full-day tour. While in the area, a stop at Don Juan Coffee tour is highly recommended to learn about growing coffee in the cloud forest area.
- Papagayo Canopy Tour
- Glide through the tropical dry forest as you pass through 12 cables during this half-day tour. Perfect for kids or beginners.
- Witches Rock Canopy Tour
- Zip-line through the prestigious Papagayo Peninsula on the half-day Witches Rock Canopy Tour, featuring 11 cables ranging from 330 feet (100 metres) to 1,480 feet (450 metres) in length, three hanging bridges and three climbing ladders, all with security attachments for your safety. A Rappelling Tour is designed to allow smaller children or seniors to enjoy zip-lining on a smaller scale.
More Within Reach
- Rio Celeste National Park and Waterfall
- Located inside Tenorio Volcano National Park, legend has it that Rio Celeste got its distinctive colour after God finished painting the sky and dipped his paint brush in the river. The more scientific explanation is that volcanic minerals produce the striking colour. Explore the park’s various hiking paths and beautiful scenery. (2 hours from the Resort)
- Palo Verde National Park
- Located along the banks of the Tempisque River, the Palo Verde National Park is one of the best places in Costa Rica to view native wildlife, especially aquatic birds. The park-lead cultural tours will envelop you in everything from sugar cane and handmade tortillas, to aromatic fresh coffee and guanacastecan appetizers. (1 h 15 min from the Resort)
Adventures by Sea
This surf school is an ideal learning location for all ages and abilities, from kids who are first-timers to pros who want to refine their skills. Choose from some of Costa Rica’s most famous surfing locations. These one- to eight-hour sessions always include personalized coaching. And with Costa Rica’s year-round warm waters, no wetsuit is ever required.
- Diving with Purpose
Help restore Costa Rica's precious reef system with our exclusive guests-only Coral Gardening Experience.
Grab some gear and your underwater camera to discover the fascinating clear blue waters and colourful marine life just off the golden sand of Playa Blanca. (Must be 16 years old / complimentary)
Join us on a guided kayak tour of Bahía Culebra with a water-sports professional. Admire the natural beauty and wildlife of Costa Rica’s waterways from a new perspective – on a kayak. (Must be 14 years old)
Our waters attract a diverse species of large fish including blue marlin, striped marlin, black marlin and sailfish. Other local and migrating species are also abundant in these waters, such as roosterfish, yellowfin tuna, mahi-mahi (dorado), wahoo, amberjack, giant pacific dog snapper, among others. (4- or 8- hour tour)
- Private Boat Cruises
Relax as you set off to your tropical home for the day. A secluded beach welcomes you with an elegant set up including beach chairs, a covered dining area and beach toys for children. Whether you’re looking to go diving, snorkeling, fishing, surfing or simply enjoying a sunset cruise, we can plan a private boat experience guided by professional, personalized service. Ask is about our full-day tours with beach BBQ options. (4- or 8-hour tour)
- Sailing and Catamaran Cruises
Our morning and afternoon sailing trips let you take in the wildlife, beautiful scenery and majestic blue Pacific Ocean. If lucky, we might be able to spot some sea turtles, dolphins, fish and birds. Enjoy some time snorkeling and exploring hidden beaches. (4 hours)