Join us for dreamy, tropical holidays full of sun, beach fun and Santa. With 14 days of local cuisine and culture, adventure pursuits and festive events, the Resort invites you to connect with the beauty and Pura Vida spirit of Costa Rica’s North Pacific Coast.
- Pura Vista Climb with Michael and Ryan
General Manager Michael Mestraud and Resort Manager Ryan Grande will guide this exhilarating 60-minute daily hike through an outdoor staircase with 700 steps, taking guests through jungle hillsides to the secluded Prieta Beach. Insider Tip: monkey sightings and bird watching included.
- Libros para Todos
Through Creciendo Juntos, the resort’s social responsibility outreach partner, guests can help support local children by making a small donation to the “Libros para Todos” project that provides children in Guanacaste communities with school textbooks.
- Tropicsurf Surf Adventures
Daily excursions to Witch’s Rock and Ollie’s Point allow guests to experience the natural beauty of Costa Rica’s astonishing beaches, reefs and points.
- Papagayo Explorers Club Adventures
From water biking through magical mangroves to a nature hike through the peninsula's estuary, guests are led by expert naturalists through Peninsula Papagayo’s tropical forest terrain.
- Sunset Pop-Up at Virador Beach | December 18 – January 5, 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
As one of the Resort’s most Instagrammable spots, Virador Beach will feature a pop-up beach club with craft cocktails, lounge seating, DJ beats and gorgeous sunset views over the ocean.
- Tardes en Terraza Blanca | December 18 – January 5, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
This sweet afternoon at Terraza Blanca overlooking Blanca Beach features complimentary fresh tropical fruits and Costa Rican sweets.
- Santa’s Family Beach Party at Blanca Beach | December 25, 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Santa stops by for fun in the sun on Playa Blanca for this festive annual beach party with a carnival, live music and entertainment, activities including face painting and cookie decorating, and more.
- Taste of Pura Vida at Bahia | December 27, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
A lively night market pops up with local cuisines, music and culture as Bahia transforms into an evening of unexpected fun and surprise.
- Coastal Vibes Beach Party at Virador Beach | December 29, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Inspired by Costa Rica’s surf culture and enviable beaches, guests can catch a wave at a laid-back beach party with a dinner buffet and barbecue dishes.
- “Journey to the Jungle” New Year’s Eve Dinner and Party at Armadillo | December 31, 6:00 pm – 1:00 am
Ring in the New Year with La Selva. Inspired by Costa Rica’s famous jungle, the gala event will feature live entertainment by Rodrigo Piedra, Latin American cuisine, an open bar with free-flowing wine and a fireworks display.