- What’s something guests shouldn’t miss out on at your Hotel or Resort?
JUNGLE SPA – Experience blissful rituals inspired by Asian traditions and mountain botanicals in our open-air salas inside a bamboo forest.Details
- What is one experience that allows the guest to really immerse themselves in your local culture?
GOLDEN TRIANGLE EXCURSION – This experience begins with a cruise down the majestic Mekong River on-board a traditional, custom-designed long-tail boat. Making its way to the heart of Golden Triangle, where Thailand, Myanmar and Laos converge, the spectacular view that encompasses three different countries is unmatched. Guests can soak in the sights and sounds of the Golden Triangle as they get from one place to another like a local, hopping onto a 'songtaew,' followed by a tuk-tuk, to visit a vibrant local market and a revered ancient temple, Chedi Luang.
- What’s your favourite way to experience nature in your area?
HILLSIDE BICYCLE TOUR – Experience the serenity of the local villages and take in the gorgeous natural environs of Chiang Rai. Ideal for cycling enthusiasts, this guided excursion follows a paved but hilly trail that includes a few challenging slopes. The route takes you through lush green paddy fields, pineapple and rubber plantations, and a splendid teak forest. Look for the local farmers as they go about their daily routines, and for some stunning views of the mountains beyond. Take a breather at Bau Luang Lake before heading back to the Camp.
- What is the best food and drink that highlights your destination?
KAOW RAM FUEN – This authentic dish is comprised of layered Shan Burnese noodles and served with pork and prawns. You can find it in Chiang Rai and Burma only. Ask our Camp Chef Pisan! He can make it for you at Nong Yao restaurant.Details
- For art lovers, what is a “not to be missed” piece of artwork or art destination in your area?
WHITE TEMPLE (time spent: approx. 45 minutes) – As mesmerizing as it is unusual, the White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) is the life’s work of renowned Thai painter-turned-architect Chalermchai Kositpipat. It remains the most curious among the many temples in and around Chiang Rai.
- What sound captures the spirit of your destination?
FOR THE LOVE OF BIRDS – At Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle, guests share the natural surroundings with hundreds of avian residents. A profusion of twitters, trills and coos can be heard day and night.
- If you had to recommend one tangible souvenir that represents your destination and/or its people and culture—the one thing that guests should take home with them—what would it be, and why?
HANDCRAFTED SHOULDER BAG – This charming bag is made with a nice piece of fabric woven by the HMONG hill-tribes. It’s a great bag for carrying anything. We assure you that you cannot find any bag like this in anywhere around the world. You can buy in the local market in Chiang Rai, Walking Street, or in every tent!