From dining under the stars as the surf crashes at your feet, to a tour of our on-property oyster farm, our Resort offers activities that highlight the island’s incredible bounty for food lovers.
- Private Sushi Class with Chef Nuri Piccio
Join Chef Nuri Piccio, our ‘ULU Sushi Chef, who will teach you the fundamental techniques required to successfully execute traditional sushi preparation – from the secrets to cooking and seasoning sushi rice, to preparing and slicing fish, to assembling the final product.
- PRIVATE COOKING CLASS WITH EXECUTIVE CHEF RICHARD POLHEMUS
Discover Hawaii Island's freshest offerings as you prepare a three-course lunch with our Executive Chef Richard Polhemus. Either choose your favourite style of cuisine or allow Chef to choose a preparation centered on local seasonal produce, seafood or meats.
Coffee Farm Tour
- Journey to the historic coffee region of Keopu
- Visit the Watson-Kabei coffee estate, which sits on five acres overlooking the town of Kona and the vast Pacific Ocean. From seed to cup, Dale Kabei nurtures his coffee as if it were a part of his family, incorporating traditional farming techniques augmented by tricks of the trade Dale has perfected over his 17 years as a coffee farmer. The Watson-Kabei Farm is run with meticulous care, by a caregiver who truly emulates Hawaiian hospitality. As guests of Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, you're exclusively invited to the this boutique farm where you will witness first-hand the process of growing Kona’s best cup of coffee. Walk the acreage of the farm, taste the flavors of the coffee produced and “talk story” with a true Hawaii Island treasure.
More Dining Experiences
- Private Cooking Class
- Discover Hawaii Island’s freshest culinary delights as one of our resort chefs leads you through a back-to-basics cooking class and helps you to prepare a delectable meal.
- OMAKASE EXPERIENCE
- Omakase is to dine while entrusting your meal to the Chef. The omakase experience at ‘ULU is a multi-coursed meal that is a contemporary and reflective experience on the Big Island. Combining ingredients, both local and Japanese, with traditional preparations and a touch of the modern, courses will transition from an array of otsumami (small dishes) to sushi. Reservations required.
- Private Mixology Class
- Shake, stir and sample with the help of our mixologist, who will teach you new recipes and expert techniques, as well as help you craft your very own signature cocktails.
- Chef’s Table at ‘ULU
- Gather friends or family for this one-of-a-kind dining experience. Our chef will prepare a gourmet, five-course meal to your specifications, using the island’s finest seasonal ingredients and pairing each dish with a unique wine.
- Barefoot Dinner
- Our Barefoot Dinner is truly a toes-in-the-sand experience. Set on the beach in front of Beach Tree, up to 22 guests will enjoy a customized Italian-countryside themed, family-style menu. Hawaii Island's freshest ingredients will be used and cooked alongside the table. Leave your shoes behind and enjoy a spectacular meal under the stars in paradise.
- OHANA-STYLE DINING
- Offered nightly with advance reservations, this four-course dinner includes all the Beach Tree favourites – antipasti and salad, pasta, a main course (beef and local fish) and dessert. Served family-style with each dish artfully presented. The Ohana experience is intended for groups of 6 or more.
- Romance Under the Stars
- An escort leads you and your partner to your table for two on the sand, just feet from the water, before you’re served Champagne to toast each other by the glow of the setting sun. Then embark on a four-course dinner designed just for you, accompanied by flowers, lights and the sound of the surf.
- Friday Night Market at ‘Ulu
- Enjoy a selection of interpretations of Asian-Pacific Night-Market cuisine by Executive Chef Richard Polhemus. Chef Polhemus uses the hyper-local ingredients the island of Hawaii abundantly provides to share his inspired menu in the oceanfront elegance of ‘Ulu Ocean Grill.
- Experience the power of storytelling through hula and fire-knife performances accompanied by authentic Hawaiian fare cooked over the fire and refreshing local cocktails. Seasonally available, these lively and immersive dining experiences take place at Hoku Ampitheatre under the stars. Contact the Concierge for a schedule and availability.