- SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD EXPERIENCE
Journey to the north end of the Resort, where a Resort chef will guide you through the diverse offerings of our herb garden – exploring the tropical fruits, vegetables, herbs and our very own Hualalai shrimp ponds located in the garden. After the tour and hands-on shrimp harvest, you will convene at ‘ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi lounge, where you’ll enjoy a four-course dinner at an oceanfront table during sunset. The menu will feature sustainable local seafood, complemented with produce grown in our own herb garden and other Hawaii Island farms. Available seasonally.
- Private Sushi Class with Chef Nuri Piccio
Join Chef Nuri Piccio, our ‘ULU Sushi Chef, who will teach you the fundamental techniques required to successfully execute traditional sushi preparation – from the secrets to cooking and seasoning sushi rice, to preparing and slicing fish, to assembling the final product.
- HUALALAI OYSTER EXPERIENCE
Meet the on-property marine biologists from our Kumu Kai team and head to Punawai Pond, adjacent to the golf course. Here, you’ll see firsthand how our Hualalai Oysters are raised, grown and harvested. Learn about the different types of oysters we grow here and how west coast oysters differ from east coast ones. Our team will help you select oysters to enjoy as a first course of your lunch. From there, you will meet our Beach Tree chef for an exclusive tasting at the heart of our Resort. Enjoy a progressive oyster tasting, starting with the oysters you selected, raw and untouched, and then progress into other versions, from fried to baked. Available seasonally.
- PRIVATE COOKING CLASS WITH EXECUTIVE CHEF RICHARD POLHEMUS
Discover Hawaii Island's freshest offerings as you prepare a three-course lunch with our Executive Chef Richard Polhemus. Either choose your favourite style of cuisine or allow Chef to choose a preparation centered on local seasonal produce, seafood or meats.
More Dining Experiences
- Private Cooking Class
- Discover Hawaii Island’s freshest culinary delights as one of our resort chefs leads you through a back-to-basics cooking class and helps you to prepare a delectable meal.
- OMAKASE EXPERIENCE
- Omakase is to dine while entrusting your meal to the Chef. The omakase experience at ‘ULU is a multi-coursed meal that is a contemporary and reflective experience on the Big Island. Combining ingredients, both local and Japanese, with traditional preparations and a touch of the modern, courses will transition from an array of otsumami (small dishes) to sushi. Reservations required.
- Private Mixology Class
- Shake, stir and sample with the help of our mixologist, who will teach you new recipes and expert techniques, as well as help you craft your very own signature cocktails.
- Wine Tasting and Pairing Class
- Join ‘ULU General Manager, Paul Jennette, as he guides you through the proper steps of wine tasting. Learn for the first time, or continue to refine your knowledge: learn the differences between old and new world wines, the impact of aging, and how to conduct a deductive tasting and why this is so important to sommeliers.
- Chef’s Table at ‘ULU
- Gather friends or family for this one-of-a-kind dining experience. Our chef will prepare a gourmet, five-course meal to your specifications, using the island’s finest seasonal ingredients and pairing each dish with a unique wine.
- Barefoot Dinner
- Our Barefoot Dinner is truly a toes-in-the-sand experience. Set on the beach in front of Beach Tree, up to 22 guests will enjoy a customized Italian-countryside themed, family-style menu. Hawaii Island's freshest ingredients will be used and cooked alongside the table. Leave your shoes behind and enjoy a spectacular meal under the stars in paradise.
- OHANA-STYLE DINING
- Offered nightly with advance reservations, this four-course dinner includes all the Beach Tree favourites – antipasti and salad, pasta, a main course (beef and local fish) and dessert. Served family-style with each dish artfully presented. The Ohana experience is intended for groups of 6 or more.
- Paella Night at Beach Tree
- Connect with your loved ones over delicious cuisine and a dreamy setting. Join the Beach Tree culinary team on Sunday evenings as they offer a traditional Paella, infused with fresh Hawaii Island ingredients.
- Romance Under the Stars
- An escort leads you and your partner to your table for two on the sand, just feet from the water, before you’re served Champagne to toast each other by the glow of the setting sun. Then embark on a four-course dinner designed just for you, accompanied by flowers, lights and the sound of the surf.
- Friday Night Market at ‘Ulu
- Enjoy a selection of interpretations of Asian-Pacific Night-Market cuisine by Executive Chef Richard Polhemus. Chef Polhemus uses the hyper-local ingredients the island of Hawaii abundantly provides to share his inspired menu in the oceanfront elegance of ‘Ulu Ocean Grill.