Join Four Seasons Resort Hualalai’s newest culinary series, welcoming accolated guest chefs from across the country to showcase their culinary expertise using a variety of ingredients from the bounty of Hawaii Island.
- Chef in Residence
Chef in Residence features a line-up of prestigious guest chefs each month, showcasing their unique culinary approach combined with Hawaii’s diverse ingredients. This weekend-long experience includes intimate cooking classes and a special menu from the featured chef at ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge.
- Cooking Class | Friday and Sunday, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Join an intimate, six person cooking class featuring a signature dish from the repertoire of our Chef in Residence.
- Ulu Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge | Saturday, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Dine at Ulu Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge and request an exclusive a la carte menu from our Chef in Residence.
- Chef Chris Kajioka
- Chef/Owner of Miro Kaimuki, Papa Kurt’s, Hau Tree and Bar Maze, Honolulu. Chef Chris Kajioka is a four-time James Beard Foundation Award semi-finalist for “Best Chef: Northwest and Pacific” 2020, “Best Chef: West” 2018, “Best New Restaurant” 2017, and “Rising Star Chef of the Year” 2014. March 26 – 28, 2021
- Chef Lee Anne Wong
- Chef/ Partner at Koko Head Cafe in Honolulu and Pioneer Inn, Lahaina. Chef Lee Anne Wong is a Top Chef finalist, Top Chef Masters participant, Iron Chef winner, and Chopped judge. April 16 – 18, 2021
- Chef Chad Colby
- Chef/Owner of Antico, Los Angeles, CA. Antico was featured in “Best LA Restaurants” 2020 by Los Angeles Magazine, “Best Restaurants in Los Angeles” 2020 by Thrillist, “38 Standout Dining Destinations in Los Angeles” 2021 by Eater, and “Best New Los Angeles Restaurants” 2019 by TimeOut. May 21 – 23, 2021
- Chef Charles Phan
- Chef/Owner of Slated Door, Out the Door, OTD and Hard Water, San Francisco, CA; Rice & Bones, Oakland. Chef Charles Phan is a two-time James Beard Award winner and Iron Chef participant, has been featured on How to Cook Everything and is the author of IACP award-winning cookbooks Vietnamese Home Cooking and The Slanted Door. July 9 – 11, 2021
- Chef Gabrielle Hamilton
- Chef/Owner of Prune, New York City, NY. Chef Gabrielle Hamilton is a four-time James Beard Foundation Award winner, including “Outstanding Chef,” Iron Chef, Daytime Emmy Award winner for Mind of a Chef, and author of New York Times bestseller Blood, Bones & Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef. August 6 – 8, 2021
- Chef Brooke Williamson
- Chef and Partner at Playa Provisions, Los Angeles, Chef Williamson is a Top Chef winner, Knife Fight winner, has made appearances on Top Chef Duels, and House of Food. She is the youngest female chef to cook at the James Beard House. November 19 – 21, 2021
- Chef Nyesha Arrington
- Chef Consultant and Catering, Los Angeles. Chef Nyesha Arrington is an advocate of farm fresh, locally and responsibly sourced ingredients. She currently leads a chef consultant and catering company and partners with brands such as Facebook, Tastemade, Nike and PBS. Her culinary expertise has been featured in Los Angeles Times, Food & Wine, GQ, Cooking Channel, Essence Magazine, Life and Thyme, and Eater LA. December 10 – 12, 2021