Get to know our amazing island through exclusive experiences tailored to your preferences. From helicopter tours to exploring secret beaches to sea-kayak adventures, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai has created one-of-a-kind ways to experience the fascinating culture and breathtaking natural beauty of Hawaii.
- Hualalai Seafood Experience
Sip champagne and taste freshly harvested oysters as a Resort Marine Naturalist leads you behind-the-scenes at Punawai Pond, home to our unique oyster farming process. The tour then leads to the Herb Garden, where a Resort chef shares the inter-workings of the Resort's hyper-local food and beverage philosophy and invites guests to catch Pacific White Shrimp from the shrimp pens. The experience concludes at 'Ulu Ocean Grill where guests enjoy a 5-course custom meal featuring the Resort's oysters, shrimp, and more of Hawaii Island's freshest seafood.
- Salt Harvesting Experience
Embark on a journey to nearby salt flats with a cultural ambassador, where you will learn how ancient Hawaiians harvested salt decades ago. You will then be led through a private, interactive cooking class with a member of our culinary team, who will incorporate the salt into your dishes and further explain the ways it was traditionally used in Hawaiian cooking. The salts are also used in the Salts of the Ocean body treatment at the Hualalai Spa.
- Coffee Farm Tour and Tasting
Take a deep dive into the fascinating world of coffee growing with a private tour of a local coffee farm. You’ll meet the farmers, learn what makes Kona coffee so irresistible and end the experience with a tasting, where our resident coffee expert will guide you through the flavors of the Island, with petit fours prepared by our Executive Pastry Chef.
- Dave Scott Triathlon Experience
Exclusively for Four Seasons guests, six-time Ironman champion Dave Scott hosts a five-day triathlon clinic. Join us for five days of coaching focused on each discipline of a triathlon. This bespoke clinic includes video analysis, pre-camp phone consultation and post-camp tailored training prescription, group meals and a welcome gift of triathlon apparel and gear. Join us January 21 to 25, May 6 to 10, June 17 to 21 or July 29 to August 2.
- Photography Workshop | October 15 – 18, 2019
Take home professional-quality photographs from your vacation of a lifetime. Back by popular demand, legendary National Geographic photographer Joe McNally leads small-group photography workshops at our Resort, teaching you about lighting and composition. We’ll equip you with Nikon lenses, DSLR cameras and Speedlights for you to use to make extraordinary images on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hawaiian Kanpachi Farming and Culinary Experience
- A journey of sustainable fishing and adventure
- Embark on a private tour of Blue Ocean Mariculture’s hatchery, located just a few miles from the Resort, where a marine biologist teaches you about the life of Kanpachi from spawning through juvenile growth. Back at Four Seasons, the Resort’s Ribcraft boat will take you to the open-ocean pens to witness the feeding of the fish up close, and on your way back you'll be able to snorkel with marine life including spinner dolphins, tropical fish and honu. End the day with a custom five-course dinner featuring the Kanpachi prepared in various ways with wine pairings. (Available to guests only. Book through our Concierge with 72 hour's notice.)
Activities Offered at Ka‘upulehu Cultural Center
- Star navigation
- Hawaiian language lessons
- Hula-dancing lessons
- Oral history
- Ukelele lessons
- Lei making with Kupuna (Hawaiian Elders)