Both frenetic and charming, Kuala Lumpur is a feast for the senses. With its glittering, towering skyline and 24/7 lifestyle, the city is the very picture of a modern metropolis. A short wander through its banyan-shaded streets, however, uncovers a multilayered destination, where mosques sit alongside Indian and Chinese temples, and where residents gather at open-air kopitiam (coffee shops) to catch up over cups of fresh-roasted coffee. Centrally located in the vibrant Golden Triangle neighbourhood, Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur immerses you in the many intriguing aspects of this fascinating city.
Kuala Lumpur Attractions
- PETRONAS TWIN TOWERS
The defining symbol of Kuala Lumpur, these 88-storey towers were designed by Argentine architect César Pelli based on motifs and symbols found in Islamic art. For outstanding views of the city, head up to the 41st-floor skybridge and to the observation deck on the 86th floor.
- KUALA LUMPUR CITY CENTRE (KLCC)
KLCC is an expansive mixed-use complex that houses some of the city’s top attractions and surrounds the lush KLCC Park. KLCC encompasses not only Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur, but also the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, the Petronas Twin Towers, the Suria KLCC shopping mall, Kuala Lumpur Tower, the Aquaria KLCC oceanarium and Petrosains, an interactive science discovery centre.
- BATU CAVES
About one hour from Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur (but still within the city limits), Batu Caves comprises a limestone hill that juts dramatically upwards and includes a number of caves and temples. The site is an important Hindu landmark and one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions.
- NATIONAL MUSEUM OF MALAYSIA
- Discover Malaysia’s heritage and history at the National Museum, which includes four galleries spanning prehistoric times to the present.
- THE KUALA LUMPUR PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE
- This expansive facility is one of Malaysia’s arts and culture hubs, offering training programs and performances spanning theatre, opera and film.
- SHOPPES AT FOUR SEASONS PLACE
- In a city where shopping is a passion, Shoppes at Four Seasons Place provides a remarkable retail destination showcasing leading brands from around the world. This six-storey luxury retail podium is directly connected to Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
- KUALA LUMPUR TOWER (MENARA KUALA LUMPUR)
- Along with the Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur Tower (known in Malay as "Menara Kuala Lumpur") is a defining feature of the city’s skyline. Although not as well known as Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur Tower boasts a higher observation deck and more stunning views, and even houses a revolving restaurant.
- MERDEKA SQUARE
- Merdeka Square is one of Malaysia’s most symbolic sites. Home to the original flag-raising ceremony marking Malaysian independence from British colonial rule (Merdeka means “independence”), this grassy expanse is punctuated by a towering flagpole that displays the Malaysian flag. The square marks the starting point for the annual Merdeka Parade, which takes place every August 31st.
- JALAN ALOR
- Every evening, the sidewalks along Jalan Alor transform into a bustling al fresco dining area, with diners drawn here by the army of hawkers selling a wide range of Malaysian street food delicacies. This iconic street is complemented by nearby Central Market, a heritage building where visitors can purchase a wide range of handicrafts, and Petaling Street, a busy market thoroughfare that pulses with bargain hunters and diners all day and all night.