Let the Adventure Begin
Enjoy a beverage and delicious pupus (appetizers) as the sun slips below the horizon on a scenic coastline tour and perhaps even watch schools of spinner dolphins frolicking in the surf.
- Lanai Observatory
Gaze up at the stars while learning about the history of Pacific voyaging, traditional wayfinding and astronomy in Hawaiian culture. Featuring a state-of-the-art, fully automated 1-meter class telescope, the Observatory offers an unique astronomical experience.
- Lanai by Horseback
Saddle up and ride into the hills surrounding Koele, once the centre of ranching operations on the island, or explore the wooded valleys and trails of this extraordinary upland terrain, home to axis deer, mouflon sheep and turkey.
- Lanai Adventure Park
Nestled among Cook pines, ascend to new heights with obstacle courses and zipline adventures for kids of all ages.
Spot the second-highest sea cliffs in the world before anchoring at your chosen snorkel destination, then ease into the water to explore coral-reef systems and submerged rocks teeming with tropical fish, green sea turtles and gentle reef sharks on a snorkel sail. Or float beneath the water's surface at Hulopoe Bay, a protected marine preserve, with snorkeling spots among the best in Hawaii. Please note to minimize the disturbance of dolphins, we kindly request guests abide by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s rule that prohibits people and vessels from coming within 50 yards of the mammal in Hawaii.
- 4-by-4 Jeep Excursions
Many of the island’s natural wonders are best reached by 4-by-4 vehicle. Rent a Jeep and hit the dirt roads at your own pace with a picnic lunch in tow, or let one of our knowledgeable guides take you for a incredible ride. Download the free Lanai Guide App to enjoy interactive hiking and driving maps, photos and more.
- Carriage Rides
Tour a charming plantation town in a beautiful private carriage drawn by Shire ‘draught’ horses, similar to Clydesdales and recognized as a family-friendly and laid-back breed.
- Horseback Riding
- Small group trail rides and customized lessons for all ages are available. A Ranch Custom Equine Experience can be tailored for any level and is designed for riders that enjoy walking, trotting or cantering – English or Western style. (Please note: For the safety of both the horse and rider, it is required that riders must weigh less than 195 lbs (88.5 kg) for enjoyable and safe trail riding.)
- Enjoy your archery experience at the Lanai Archery and Shooting Range. A private, introductory lesson prepares you to take aim at traditional and 3-D archery targets from 5 to 25 yards away.
- Sporting Clays
- Set your aim on sporting clays launched to simulate duck, quail, dove, pheasant and hopping rabbits at the 14-station course in Lanai’s highlands. Competitive shooters will find plenty to challenge them amid the wooded course, while beginners and younger shooters can hone their skills with private instruction.
- Sporting Arrows
- Combining archery and clay shooting, Sporting Arrows uses “flu flu” arrows to hit moving targets. The arrow’s heft allows for a powerful acceleration with a short flight to find the mark. Suitable for all ages, each session includes an introductory archery lesson with static 3-D targets before taking aim at targets in the air.
- Rifle Experience
- Come join us for an hour of plinking (informal shooting) at steel flip targets at our 22-rifle gallery.
- Lanai Adventure Park
- Nestled among Cook pines, the Lanai Adventure Park challenge course offers opportunities for personal and collective growth, with programs designed to build confidence, trust, communication, empowerment, collaboration, motivation and cohesion. The aerial adventure course allows you to traverse through over 70 obstacles in a two-tiered “adventure tower” according to comfort level and desired level of difficulty, or soar seated or in superman position on the zip line course with sweeping views of Kaiholena Gulch. For ages 3 and up, the Kids Course allows self-guided exploration through a series of different obstacles. Call Lanai Adventure Park to learn more: +1 (808) 563-0096
- Explore scenic Lanai on two wheels. Join guides from the Lanai Adventure Park on electric Quietkat mountain bike tours around the island. Experience a variety of routes and learn about history and culture. Helmets and backpacks provided. Rent Kona e-bikes to get around the paved roads of Lanai City or hit the back roads for red-dirt adventure.
- Conservation Guided Experiences
- With a commitment to best management practices, High Adventure Company jointly manages guided operations on Lanai through a partnership with Pineapple Brothers.
- Rancher Experience
- Venture upcountry via a resort shuttle or Jeep and spend time with the Ranch's miniature horses, donkeys and goats. Pet or groom the minis and let our wranglers talk story about Kō'ele and the paniolo (cowboy) culture on Lanai. Pack a picnic and enjoy lunch in the pasture or book a cart ride for the kids.
- The island’s contrasting landscapes offer natural motivation for exploring on foot. Take self-guided walks along short trails, or test your endurance during more strenuous climbs to stunning vistas.
- Hulopoe Bay Beach and Marine Preserve
- Steps from the Resort sits idyllic Hulopoe Beach, your destination for splashing, swimming and snorkelling. Lounge amid shady palms, spot dolphins and Hawaiian green sea turtles, and swim with schools of tropical reef fish. The protected marine preserve is among the best snorkelling and diving spots in Hawaii, so jump in and explore the underwater world.
- Private Charters
- Get out on the water with snorkel sails, two-tank cert dive, whale watching, fishing, sunset sailing, private island shuttle, private fishing and custom tours.
- Scuba Diving
- Experienced divers from around the world come to Lanai for the Cathedrals, two magnificent underwater sites formed by lava flows just minutes from the Resort; but a range of other diverse sites keep them coming back, too.
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Anglers seeking small or big-game fish enjoy a sportsman’s paradise on Lāna‘i, where the quarry is mahi mahi, wahoo, yellowfin tuna and Pacific blue marlin. Experience the adrenaline rush of a prize catch in some of the world’s richest fishing grounds. (Private Charters)
A minimum 48-hour notice must be given to cancel or amend any activity. If less notice is given, 100% of the full price will be charged. No shows without proper notice are subject to the full activity price.