- PADI Five-Star IDC Centre
Known internationally as one of the world’s best scuba-diving destinations, the Maldives bear an abundance of dive sites with one thrilling dive opportunity after another. We offer tailored programs for all abilities and personalized experiences with specialty courses taught by an expert team.
- PADI Seal Team
Designed to be fun as well as highly educational for children 8 years of age and over, they can master the basics before embarking on cool AquaMissions such as navigation, night, and search and recovery in our safe, sheltered coral gardens.
- Thila Diving
Characterized by vast coral formations that top out just beneath the surface, colourful crevices and coral-filled overhangs, thilas are excellent for close encounters with all sorts of marine life, from schooling reef fish and turtles to numerous species of shark.
- Manta Rays
Meet us in the Maldives between June and October for the region’s manta season. Awe-inspiring sightings are possible from the Baa Atoll to the beautiful cleaning station of Lankan Manta Point on North Male Atoll.
- Reef Diving
With vibrant inner and outer slopes, wide edges and fascinating terraces, the Maldivian reefs sport some of the most beautiful corals in the world and are populated by more than 1,000 species of fish.
- Wreck Diving
Arrange for a special day at sea, diving the wrecks of the North and South Male atolls from the 110-metre (310-foot) Maldives Victory freighter to the Kuda Giri wreck.
- Scuba-Diver Certification
- PADI Open-Water Certification
- Daily, two-tank morning dive
- Daily, one-tank afternoon dive
- Sunrise, night and other specialty dives available on request
- Courses offered in Japanese, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Portuguese and English
- Discover Scuba Diving
- Experience the thrill of diving under the close supervision of our PADI instructor. This three-hour course consists of a theory briefing and a confined water session up to 12 metres (40 feet). Participants in this course must be over 10 years old.
- Scuba-Diver Certification
- If you would eventually like to attain PADI certification but do not want to invest four days of your vacation, the Scuba Diver Certification is the best way to get started. Over 1.5 days, you will complete a series of theory courses, three confined water dives and two ocean dives and will receive credit toward the completion of the PADI Open Water Certification Course. This certification also qualifies you to dive under the supervision of a dive professional to a depth of 12 metres (40 feet). Participants must be at least 12 years old and must be able to swim.
- Open-Water Certification Course
- PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) courses are offered in Japanese, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Portuguese and English. The Open Water Certification Course consists of four days of training in theory and practice. Upon successful completion, a PADI Open Water certificate will be issued, opening the door to endless adventures in diving. If you would like to complete the theory portion of certification in advance of your vacation, PADI offers an online, eLearning course. Fee applies.
- Bubblemaker Experience
- Children between the ages of 8 and 12 are invited to join us for Bubblemaker Experiences in the swimming pool, where our team of experienced instructors will guide them through the steps necessary for exploring the underwater world. All participants must be physically fit and able to swim.
For Certified Divers
- Orientation Dive
- Before engaging in boat-diving activities, divers who have not been diving within the last three months or have logged fewer than 30 dives are required to participate in an orientation dive, conducted daily by the house reef. Please present your certification card and logbook when you register for diving. All divers are advised to refrain from diving 12 hours after international flights and 24 hours before travelling by air, including by seaplane.
- Kandu Diving
- Kandu (channel) diving involves exciting drift dives along the nutrient-rich currents that flow between the Maldives’ island chains. Sightings include eagle rays and sharks, as well as migrating pelagics such as manta rays and whale sharks.
- Become a Master Scuba Diver
- Hone your skills, increase your confidence and have fun. Certified PADI Advanced Open Water Divers can work their way up the ladder to become Master Scuba Divers, the highest non-professional ranking in the PADI system, in the waters around Four Seasons Resorts Maldives. Explore depths of up to 30 metres, learn how to navigate under water and select three “adventure dives,” from nitrox to wreck, from 16 different adventure dives. Once you have reached an advanced level, it’s a great opportunity to specialize. Develop impressive skills in thrilling new areas alongside some of the most experienced instructors in the Maldives. Each of our 16 specialty courses involves an average of two to four dives. The courses include: ENRICHED AIR NITROX (EANX): Stay down longer and maximize big-fish encounters PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY: Discover how to use less air and perfect your technique UNDERWATER DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER: Capture the moment and take the magic of the underwater world home TORPEDO DIVER PROPULSION VEHICLE: Master this device to enjoy greater mobility and less air consumption OTHER SPECIALTY COURSES: Boat dive, underwater naturalist diver, multi-level diver, drift diver, night diver, deep diver, search and recovery, and many others