Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy 2022
On day one of the competition, the right-hand Sultans wave treated the Momentum Generation competitors to solid 4- to 6-foot sets rolling through the lineup. A light offshore wind helped the wave maintain its shape, with 11-time World Champion Kelly Slater claiming victory in the final round against Shane Dorian.
Day two kicked off with consistent 3- to 5-foot sets and testing offshore winds, with Shane Dorian proving victorious against Ross Williams in the final round. In the last event discipline, the Thruster Division, Slater took a win over Rob Machado and Taylor Knox in Round One, before being matched against Iboo Areef in the first Semi – much to the delight of local fans in nearby boats. After a heated battle, Slater advanced to the final round against Machado with a score of 9.33 – the highest wave score of the event – to cement the win.
Competing against Dorian in the Grand Final (the two surfers with the most accumulated points), Slater found his trademark rhythm in tricky conditions to seal overall victory with scores of 8.23 and 8.73.
The Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy is a luxury surfing event like no other, and 2022’s iconic lineup of Momentum Generation surfers made this competition one for the history books. Stay tuned for more exciting updates on the Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy 2023.
Tropicsurf Courses and Cruises
- Dream program for beginners
- Learn the essentials in the calm waters of Kuda Huraa’s lagoon before hitting the waves. No experience is required, though reasonable fitness is important. Advance from the lagoon to level two, which qualifies you to venture onto the breaks – in hopes of experiencing the thrill of gliding across your first wave.
- Daily surfs
- Daily boat trips take surfers to Kuda Huraa’s world-class waves. Your guide is also an expert coach, so be sure to ask if you’d like some tips to get you ripping sooner.
- Ride clinic and coaching
- Serious about taking your surfing to the next level? Tropicsurf’s 10-step program will increase your knowledge, confidence and wave count. Twenty years in the making, this is a well-known improvement program. Combined with some perfect Kuda Huraa surf, you’ll never get a better opportunity to rip harder.
Seaplane Surfing Safari
RIDE A SEAPLANE INTO THE HEART OF MALDIVIAN SURF WILDERNESS
- You’ll be on top of the world when you drop into a wave during your own customized surfing safari in the Indian Ocean. Board a seaplane with a team of expert guides to begin this exclusive Four Seasons Extraordinary Experience, available only at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa. Together, you’ll take flight and launch an epic quest to find your ultimate surfing destination. Circle strings of pearl-like islands before descending to ride perfect, empty waves in some of the Indian Ocean’s most pristine locations. Surf to your heart’s content, then paddle back to the plane for refreshments – or fly to the next break to catch a pushing tide. Go with the wind, chase the swell, savour the freedom and enjoy a journey into the heart of Maldivian surf wilderness before returning to Kuda Huraa in time for sundowners on the beach.
Hang ten with us
- Adopt an ocean lifestyle at our Surf School run by professionals from Tropicsurf of Noosa, Australia. Learn in our lagoon with courses for guests ages 6 and older, or let loose on six quality breaks within a stone’s throw. Enjoy easy take-offs and long rides in some of the world’s most consistent and warmest swells, then head to the Surf Shack to store your board, watch the latest surfing movie or just hang out. The best waves occur year round for beginners and from April to October for experienced surfers.