Baa Atoll, Maldives
Combining innovation, wellness and conservation, our Resort is a 44-acre wonderland in the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. After landing at Male International Airport (MLE), your journey to Landaa Giraavaru continues with a 35-minute seaplane flight, giving you a spectacular view of the crystalline waters and remote islands.
Let us make the arrangements
- Arrive in Style
New for 2023, the premium 10-seater Flying Boxfish is the second marine-inspired marvel to join Landaa Giraavaru’s private seaplane fleet. With a bold yellow and black livery, it joins the luxury 8-seater Picasso-esque Flying Triggerfish to provide transfers to and from Velana International Airport. Or, transfer via 14-seater Trans Maldivian Airways (TMA) seaplanes. All arriving guests are personally escorted to the seaplane terminal by Four Seasons representatives.Details
Seaplane Transfer Details
- Waiting times in our private lounge rarely exceed two hours.
- Flight times are subject to weather conditions and schedules and may involve one short stop en route (TMA).
- Opt to complete immigration formalities in the comfort of Velana Airport’s CIP lounge for your convenience.
- Private seaplane transfers are also available.
- Seaplanes only operate during daylight hours.
Need to Know
- Passports and Visas
- All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival. If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate. Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
- See More of the Maldives
- Consider customizing your trip by visiting other Maldivian islands. You can also visit our sister property Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa (accessible by speedboat transfer from MLE) or travel between our two resorts via seaplane or aboard our luxury catamaran, Four Seasons Explorer.
- Drone Policy
- To safeguard guest privacy, please note that flying a drone on the island is limited to a restricted area and requires the supervision of Resort staff.
Other Travel Arrangements
- Dinner-and-Transfer Package
- The last seaplane out of Landaa Giraavaru usually departs at 3:00 pm local time (equivalent to 4:00 pm at the Resort) as seaplanes operate only during daylight hours. To avoid a long wait at the airport, guests departing the Resort for a nighttime international flight from Velana International Airport (international flight departure from 10:00 pm local time onwards) are invited to enjoy our dinner and transfer package at Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa. This package includes: Access to the Resort’s facilities, including the swimming pool, poolside changing rooms and showers, and the library Three-course dinner at the Resort’s main restaurant, Café Huraa (excluding beverages) One-way shared speedboat transfer to Velana International Airport arranged for you to arrive to the airport at least two hours prior to your international flight time Please note that we are unable to confirm the timing of your return transfer until the evening before your departure.
- Between Kuda Huraa and Landaa Giraavaru
- You can fly seamlessly between our two Resorts’ seaplane platforms or cruise aboard our luxury catamaran, Four Seasons Explorer. Guests booking the Paradise Twice package (a minimum of three nights at each Resort) will receive complimentary seaplane transfers between the two Resorts.
Transport Hubs and Directions
- Malé International Airport (MLE)
- Travel time
- 30 to 45 minutes by seaplane
- 120 kilometres/75 miles
- Year-round service by Emirates Airline, Qatar Airways, Oman Air, Etihad Airways, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Sri Lankan Airlines, Air India, China Eastern Airlines and Saudi Arabian Airlines. Several European carriers offer seasonal flights.
- International arrivals can now experience Four Seasons service in The Island Café, located in the new seaplane terminal at Velana International Airport. This retreat features a wraparound balcony; an array of dining options; areas for lounging, dining, resting and refreshing; as well as a play area and observation telescope to watch seaplane arrivals and departures.