Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
- What does Panchakarma involve?
- Panchakarma comprises five elimination therapies, each split into three parts. Each part involves a variety of treatments, massages and therapeutic procedures to identify, liquefy, eliminate and remove toxins. In addition, panchakarma is always accompanied by a special detoxification diet.
- What parts must I complete for maximum benefit?
- All three stages of each therapy must be undertaken; however, not everyone undertaking panchakarma will receive all five therapies during their program. Most recipients will receive a repetition of two or three therapies as advised by our physicians in accordance with their personal needs. The three stages are Purva Karma (pre-treatment), Pradhana Karma (elimination procedure) and Paschat Karma (post-treatment). The five therapies are Vamana (therapeutic emesis); Virechana (therapeutic purgation); Nasya (nasal medication); Nirooha Vasti (therapeutic enema with decoction); and Anuvasana (therapeutic enema with oil or ghee preparations).
- What care will I receive during the program?
- Each program is highly tailored to individual needs. Due to the intensity of panchakarma, each participant will receive daily consultations with our ayurvedic physicians, plus access to 24-hour support. They will also receive a minimum of one treatment per day and personalized, daily-monitored dietary and activity plans. Additional treatments may be recommended by our physicians along with lifestyle adjustments to increase the healing power of the body and help maintain the positive effects of the detoxification processes. Our physicians will also maintain contact with guests for a month after their program to provide support and guidance, as required.
- Personalized Programs
- Guests participating in the 14-day or 21-day immersion can also opt to have elements of panchakarma – ayurvedic cleansing – woven into their personalized program, or we can design a program to help them address specific ailments or work towards an optimal body weight.
- 14-DAY PANCHAKARMA AYURVEDIC
- Round-trip seaplane transfers/ Fourteen nights’ accommodation in Oceanfront Bungalow with Pool /All meals/ Initial consultation and thirteen meetings with ayurvedic physicians/ Twelve private yoga classes/ Thirteen spa treatments (75 to 120 minutes daily)/ Up to two panchakarma procedures / Dosha-specific cookery class/ Elakkizhi and navarakkizhi (herbal bundles) preparation classes
- Cleanse your body and mind with our 14-day introduction to the healing wonders of ayurvedic treatments.
- 21-DAY PANCHAKARMA AYURVEDIC
- Round-trip seaplane transfers/Twenty-one nights’ accommodation in Oceanfront Bungalow with Pool /All meals/ Initial consultation and twenty meetings with ayurvedic physicians/ Eighteen private yoga classes/ Nineteen spa treatments (75 to 120 minutes daily)/ Up to three panchakarma procedures / Dosha-specific cookery class/ Elakkizhi and navarakkizhi (herbal bundles) preparation classes
- Cleanse your body and mind with our 21-day panchakarma package and receive the maximum benefit of this intensive treatment.
For rates and enquiries, please contact the Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat at (960) 66 00 888 or email us. Please note: Prices and treatments are subject to change without notice and will be subject to 23.2% combined taxes and service charges.