Maldives Private Island at Voavah, Baa Atoll
Voavah’s remote mid-ocean location – coupled with the ability to transfer by private jet to Velana or Maafaru International Airports and then onwards by private seaplane – offers anonymous access to anyone wishing to slip in and out under the radar. The privacy continues on site with 24-hour security and patrols, CCTV and night-vision cameras.
Let us whisk you away on arrival into Velana International Airport with CIP services for immigration clearing before your onwards seaplane transfer to Voavah. If you’re arriving by private jet at Velana International Airport or Maafaru International Airport, we can arrange local ground handlers to ease the planning process.
Voavah is 35 minutes from Velana International Airport or 20 minutes from Maafaru International Airport on our Four Seasons eight-seater VIP Flying Triggerfish seaplane. Standard 14-seater seaplane transfers are also available.
Need to Know
- Transfers to Voavah
- To get to Voavah, you will travel by an eight-seater, VIP seaplane or standard, 14-seater seaplane (20 kilograms/44 pounds of luggage per person). All special arrangements can be accommodated.
- Visa and Passports
- All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport and return air ticket. A complimentary, 30-day tourist visa will be issued upon arrival. If guests are arriving from Yellow Fever-infected areas, they must produce a vaccination certificate. Guests may not bring alcohol, pork products, pornography or weapons into the Maldives. These items will be confiscated at the airport and disposed by the airport authorities.
- 24-Hour Security
- Voavah’s single entry point means no one gets in without our knowledge, and your experience is further supported by 24-hour, on-site security and patrols, CCTV and night-vision cameras. There are also two rooms available for personal security/staff.
- Medical Services
- All of our guests have access to a 24-hour doctor on call, as well as access to Landaa Clinic (20 minutes away). Voavah is left as close to its natural state as Resort operations permit. As such, the island’s wildlife may on occasion extend to a few mosquitoes (usually after it rains) as well as seasonal drifts of oceanic plankton, which can cause minor irritation to exposed skin. During certain periods, contact with seasonal caterpillars can trigger short-lived dermatological symptoms. While we implement an environmentally responsible mosquito-control program (involving the identification and eradication of mosquito breeding sites), we are occasionally required to undertake precautionary early-morning fogging, particularly during the wet season. For more information or in the event of contact with mosquitoes, plankton or caterpillars, please contact Landaa Clinic.
- Accommodation for Private Staff
- Travelling with your own personal assistants, stylists or security? Voavah can also accommodate up to six private staff away from the guest area in two en-suite rooms adjacent to the Beach House.
Let us make the arrangements
- CIP Services for Immigration
- Upon arrival in Malé, we’ll meet you off the plane, escort you to the VIP Lounge and get all immigration, baggage and customs details taken care of before whisking you to a VIP seaplane for the 35-minute, onward flight to Voavah. Please note that this service requires prior copies of each guest’s passport.
- Private Jet Handling
- Arriving by private jet at Velana International Airport or Maafaru International Airport? We can guide you in terms of private jet handling assistance.
- Bespoke Needs
- From specific staff requirements to unique requests, all special arrangements can be accommodated.
Transport Hubs and Directions
- Velana International Airport (MLE)
- Approximately 35 minutes by seaplane
- Maafaru International Airport (MIA)
- Approximately 20 minutes by seaplane