Four Seasons invites you to dream bigger with our collection of over-the-top, out-of-the-box Maui activities. Let us help you check off the most thrilling items on your personal bucket list – or maybe add some new experiences.
How it Works
Explore the starter ideas below, including incredible things to do in Maui and beyond. Our expert Concierge team will custom-tailor every experience to surpass your wildest expectations. Or tell us your private fantasy for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and allow our dream makers to create your own truly Unforgettable Experience.
A Taste of Island Life
- Getting there is half the fun on this exclusive culinary adventure. Look into the dormant Haleakala Volcano from a helicopter, taste exotic fruit, explore the blissful town of Hana. Then, your choice of adventure—hike a bamboo forest, swim in lava caves—and last, the Ultimate Dinner, with Maui ingredients and wine pairings hand-selected by a Four Seasons sommelier.
Maui Photo Adventure
- Embark on a one-of-a-kind photography tour with nationally acclaimed fine art photographer Daniel Sullivan. Having recently trekked 220 miles (354 kilometres) around Maui's stunning coastline with the mission of documenting the legacy of the ancient King’s Highway, Sullivan knows every nook and cranny of the island. With Sullivan by your side, you will travel deeper, learning priceless photography tips along the way, on a private tour customized to your unique desires and goals. This photographic journey, in one of the most dramatic settings on Earth, guarantees you will both satisfy your wanderlust and come away with images worthy of hanging on your wall.
Serenity Pool After Hours
- Elevated above Wailea Beach with unparalleled panoramic views of neighbouring islands and the West Maui Mountains, the Resort’s Serenity Pool is now available from dusk to dawn for guests who are seeking a once-in-a-lifetime experience. A personally prepared multi-course dinner by the Resort's culinary team will be customized for you after a private consultation. From a couple's massage in a private luxury cabana outfitted by Missoni to a cooling dip in a saltwater pool lined with flickering candles, every whim can be accommodated to create your ultimate fantasy.
Kona Coffee Helicopter Tour
- Coffee aficionados are always on the search for the perfect brew, and many would argue that Kona coffee holds the title of World’s Best. To discover the ultimate coffee, journey 78 miles (126 kilometres) to the neighbouring Big Island via a private helicopter charter, taking off just minutes from Four Seasons. Your destination is Bolton Estate, home of the award-winning Kona Coffee & Tea Company. The company’s owner will guide you on a customized tour of the farm and provide a tasting of various beans and roasts. The adventure continues as you helicopter back to Maui, taking in the spectacular highlights for which the Big Island is famous. There is no better vantage point to see volcanic lava flows, the majestic Hamakua coast and Waipio Valley, which boasts 2,000-foot (610-metre) sea cliffs and 1,200-foot (366-metre) waterfalls. Then return home to Four Seasons.
Whale Watch Photo Excursion: Seasonal, December to May
- This customizable excursion allows you to experience the whales with two of Maui’s most knowledgeable whale experts and top photographers, Dan and John Cesere. The Cesere brothers are part of the Keiki Kohala research team, an organization dedicated to preserving Maui waters as a nursery, where mother whales can safely raise their calves. They are also award-winning photographers and artists-in-residence at Four Seasons Maui. This tour is perfect if you want to take your own above- or below-water shots of marine life, or if you simply wish to enjoy the show while the experts capture images for you to take home. Tours do not include underwater photography of humpback whales, but focus on Maui’s other plentiful and vibrant marine life. Whatever your preference, your custom whale-watching adventure will be one-of-a-kind.
Where the Cowboys Still Roam
- Experience "paniolo" (cowboy) culture, hosted by one of Maui’s legends, fifth-generation paniolo Peter Baldwin. Before you hop in the saddle to explore the ranch's rolling hills, stunning vistas and cherished endemic plants and animals, Peter will take you on a wild ride as he paints stories of a time when a different type of cowboy reigned. These are the stories of Peter’s family, who shaped Maui into what it is today, which you'll hear while touring through a ranch cabin filled with treasured family artefacts. The stories are of cowboys that taught their horses to swim in the ocean so they could herd cattle onto long ships. Of Peter’s father, known as the “Cattleman of the Century,” who understood grasses and clovers and bred some of the best cattle on Maui. And of Peter himself, a hall-of-fame cowboy who is one of Maui’s last true paniolo.