Try stand-up paddleboarding on our calm lagoon waters, go snorkelling, learn to surf, take the family out on an outrigger canoe or embark on a whale-watching expedition. Oahu is filled with opportunities for ocean adventures, whether you’re looking for a thrilling ride or just a lazy day lounging on the shore.
- Ko Olina Marina
Located a short shuttle ride from the Resort, Ko Olina Marina is the only deep-draft marina in Hawaii. Stroll along the marina, walk out on the break for prime views of the sea, or embark on a deep-sea fishing trip or other motorized water sport.Details
- Deep Freediving Centre
Led by Daniel Koval, the provider of the Deep Freediving Experience, our Deep Freediving Centre is the only one located at a resort in all of Hawaii, and our courses teach freediving techniques at the highest and safest level.
- Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Conquer the sea standing on your own two legs. This sport has emerged as an invigorating way to explore the waterways from a standing position, and Ko Olina’s calm lagoons offer the perfect setting.
Embark from the Ko Olina Marina to swim alongside the green sea turtles and colourful reef fish that call these waters home.
- Outrigger-Canoe Rides
Experience a ride on a traditional Hawaiian outrigger canoe as you paddle along the sunny western coast of Oahu.
- Dolphin tours
- Sport fishing
- Sunset cruises
- Catamaran tours
- Whale-watching cruises
- Surf Makaha Beach
- For an authentic Hawaiian experience, snag a surfing lesson from a local at Makaha Beach Park, the birthplace of surfing. Located on Oahu’s western coast, Makaha Beach lacks the crowds of more tourist-driven Waikiki Beach and North Shore beaches, but the swells are just as impressive.
- Deep-Sea Fishing
- With the Ko Olina Marina located next to the Resort, it’s easy to book a full- or half-day, deep-sea fishing adventure. Yellowfin tuna, Pacific blue marlin and mahimahi are popular catches. Let our chefs take your catch and prepare it for a perfect dinner for you and your family.
- Put down the fishing rod, grab a spear and start diving. Do like the locals do and try your hand at spearfishing along one of the island’s reefs with the help of Daniel Koval during a private course at our Deep Freediving Centre. Learn his tried and true techniques that he used to make Beuchat’s international spearfishing team – rated as one of the world’s most prestigious spearfishing teams.
- Level 1 Freediving Introduction
- The Level 1 course is an introduction to the FII education system. It covers everything from safety and problem management, breathing techniques and equipment selection, to correct freediving methods for gradual depth progression. This course is ideal for anyone wishing to master the correct basic freediving techniques of our system, enabling you to confidently freedive to depths up to 66 feet (20 metres). We highly recommend taking the Level 1 Freediver course before proceeding onto the Level 2 course. COURSE DURATION: Two days FIRST DAY: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm SECOND DAY: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm MINIMUM-AGE REQUIREMENT: 16 years old
- Level 2– FII Freediver
- The course is perfect for spearfishermen and freedivers who have completed the FII Level 1 course, or are experienced with breath-hold activities, the correct use of freediving specific equipment, fundamental skills and hold good kinesthetic awareness. During this course, you will be introduced to your natural, inborn aquatic abilities and instructed on specific techniques to unlock them. You will also learn of limitations that human physiology and physics and the underwater environment impose on freedivers, how to recognize these thresholds and how to avoid crossing them. The maximum depth of this course is 132 feet (40 metres). COURSE DURATION: Three days FIRST DAY: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm SECOND DAY: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm THIRD DAY: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 16 years old