Embark on an adventure in a tropical enclave of enchanted forest, vibrant paddy fields, winding river paths and gardens... and that’s just at the Resort.
- A Day as a Balinese Farmer
Enjoy breakfast overlooking the rice paddies and plant rice seeds before relaxing with a cleansing bathing ritual.Details
- Mount Batur Trek
Hike to the summit of an active volcano to take in a glorious sunrise and stunning crater and lake scenes.
- Can You Keep a Secret?
Bali's most famous temples and historical sites are often crowded, yet the island still harbours many sites that are off the beaten track.Details
- Wellness at Sokasi Cooking School
Our plant-based class features healthy and raw versions of Balinese recipes, inspired by Ubud as the centre of healing and wellness in Bali. Visit Ubud market with our chef and then forage in our Resort herb and vegetable gardens for the freshest produce.Details
- River rafting
- Yoga and meditation
Venture down the sacred Ayung River or bike across the Bali countryside to see the lush valley.
Private Rafting on Bali's Longest River
Discover where nature meets culture at the UNESCO World Heritage subak irrigation network, which is home to historic and holy sites. Take a scenic drive through rice farming villages to the Riverside Pool, raft alongside virgin jungle with towering trees and even hop out of your raft to float through a natural tunnel formed by trees overhead. Then, make a riverside landing directly at Four Seasons Sayan and receive a warm welcome back home.
- 3 hours, including a scenic drive through rice farming villages to departure point Depart from the Resort between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm Arrival point: Riverside Pool
- What to wear
- Wet-weather attire. The Ayung River is a popular rafting site; expect spontaneous water fights if passing by other rafters as it is all part of the fun. Be careful of non-colourfast clothes. Sneakers or sandals with a strap are recommended, and you may want to bring a hat and sunscreen. A waterproof bag will be provided for personal belongings.
Bike through Kintamani or Bongkasa Village
Tour Kintamani from the start at Mount Batur's volcanic crater with an expert guide giving you insights into Bali's history or venture off the beaten track on the Bongkasa Village tour. Bike through lush vallies, past centuries-old temples and near the famous Gunung Raung – one of the most active volcanoes in Indonesia.
- 4 hours, including a one-hour car drive Depart from the Resort at 8:00 am
- Difficulty Level
- Recommended for confident riders with good endurance; route is mostly flat/downhill and follows small backroads, with sections of busy main roads.