The Sacred River Spa is the ritualistic heart of the Resort, exploring healing potential from the unseen (Niskala) to the seen (Sekala). The peaceful presence and mindfulness teachings of resident wellness mentor Ibu Fera are a welcome and integral addition to the Spa’s nurturing environment and deep inner focus.
Her teachings centre on helping individuals explore ways in which they can integrate mindfulness into their daily lives, enabling them to connect more closely within themselves. Guests report feeling an immediate connection with Fera, who gently guides all she encounters to further understand and develop their emotional and spiritual intelligence, and to “wake up” the greater peace inherent in each of us.
This echoes the Spa’s Balinese healing philosophy: evoking a sense of spiritual connection powerful enough to affect physical change. A former Buddhist nun who studied the Dharma in monasteries across Asia, Fera leads complimentary meditation classes twice daily and hosts a series of Life Talks at the Resort each week.
Meditation and mindfulness are realistic ways of addressing all sorts of stresses. It’s a free, easily accessible method that goes straight to the root of the problem.Ibu Fera Resident Wellness Mentor
Meditation & Life Talks Classes
- Introduction to Meditation
- How to start, focus and maintain practice
- Relaxation Meditation
- Techniques to calm the body and mind, and to release burdens and tensions
- SACRED NAP
- Take an afternoon “air nap” suspended from the ceiling of the bamboo Dharma Shanti Bale in an aerial silk hammock, cocooned in the tranquility of the Sayan Valley. Feel your entire body relax and rock gently to sleep in the womb-like cocoon far away from any disturbances. Allow yourself to nod off while listening to the sounds of nature and the life story of Buddha as told by Ibu Fera. Deeply soothing and nurturing, this is a not-to-be-missed relaxation technique that will leave you feeling refreshed and recharged, and planning your next air nap.
- IDR 360,000 per person
- IDR 900,000 per person for private glass (up to two participants)
- CRYSTAL REIKI
- Gentle yet powerful, this treatment combines the light touch of Reiki with crystal healing and aromatherapy to induce a deep sense of peace and security. Connect with your own healing energies and inner strength as resident wellness mentor Ibu Fera uses Reiki, crystal singing bowls and mantra chanting to guide your life force. Gemstones placed on your chakras and essential oils add to the sensory experience. Recommended for anyone suffering from insomnia or sleep deprivation, fatigue, stress or simply seeking extra support for a personal healing journey.
- IDR 1,700,000 per person
- MALA MEDITATION
- Rudraksha beads are renowned for their unique vibration and are commonly worn by Balinese as protection against negative energies. In this powerful and effective meditation, you will use a 'mala' string of prayer beads made from rudraksha to count a sacred mantra, guided by Ibu Fera. Surrounded by the beauty of nature at Dharma Shanti Bale, begin with a short prayer to free the mind from distractions and continue with a chosen mantra that suits your faith and purpose in life.
- IDR 360,000 per person (includes a Rudraksa Mala Necklace to take home)
- IDR 900,000 per person for private class (up to two participants)
- Life Talks
- Topics include the Secret to Happiness, Love and Compassion, Finding Inner Peace and Managing Stress. Explore everyday issues and how to overcome them with peace and presence of mind.
- Private or group classes available
Prices and treatments are subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to 10% service charge and 11% government tax.