Seychelles is part of an archipelago in the Indian Ocean, located about 1,600 kilometres (1,000 miles) from the east coast of Africa. You’ll find us in the outer Amirante Islands, a cluster of remote coral atolls that are considered some of the world’s most pristine and untouched. Just a 35-minute flight southwest of Mahé, the main island of Seychelles, Four Seasons is the only resort on Desroches, which provides you complete privacy and exclusivity. With 402 hectares (933 acres) edged by 14 kilometres (9 miles) of white-sand beaches as your personal playground, you’ll feel as though you’ve discovered your own private tropical paradise.
Need to Know
- Getting to Desroches
- Our island features its own private runway, adjoining the Resort, and is linked by a twice-daily, 35-minute scenic flight from Mahé. Flight connections to Desroches depart from the Domestic Terminal of Seychelles International Airport (SEZ). If arriving from an international flight connection, you’ll be greeted by a Four Seasons representative who will escort you to check-in for your inter-island flight. The flight is operated by Islands Development Company LTD (IDC), with all bookings processed by our Four Seasons reservations team.
- Domestic Flights to Desroches
- The return fares through December 25, 2018, are as follows: EUR 400 per adult (13 years and above); EUR 350 per child (2 –12 years); complimentary for each infant (0 – 23 months) sitting on a parent’s lap. All fares are subject to 15% local VAT. Passengers are required to check in a minimum of 30 minutes prior to the flight departure time. Total luggage allowance is 30 kg (66 lb.) per paying passenger. Please contact our on-site reservations specialists or your travel advisor for further flight schedule details. Flight operation is subject to weather conditions, and schedules may change.
- Planning Your Connections
- Depending on international flight connections for arrival or departure, some guests may need to spend a night at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, located on Mahé, just 30 minutes from Seychelles International Airport. If you’d like, we can also help plan a combination stay so that you can experience the wonders of Mahé and Desroches during your time with us on the islands.
- All foreign nationals visiting Seychelles are granted visa-free access. You must be in a possession of a valid passport, return or onward ticket, proof of accommodation and sufficient funds.
- Cellular Network
- Please note that there is no cellular network on Desroches Island. Calls may be placed through the landline connection or via the Wi-Fi network.
- Seychelles International Airport (SEZ)
- Travel Time
- 35 minutes by plane