The marine conservation and education company WiseOceans works to foster a future with healthier oceans, and the WiseOceans team of Marine Educators, based at our Discovery Centre, is ready to share their knowledge and passion of marine life with you. Desroches Island serves as the perfect backdrop for embracing marine education. Fringing coral reefs and seagrass beds that surround Desroches are ideal for snorkelling and viewing a variety of marine life up close. Take a guided snorkel tour with WiseOceans, which are suitable for guests of all abilities, whether it’s your first time or you’re looking to learn more about the fascinating underwater world.
- The WiseOceans Team
WiseOceans team members have three core strategies: Education, conservation and involvement. Their goal? To spread awareness and enthusiasm for the oceans and the protection of what lives within them. Meet them at the Discovery Centre to learn about marine life or dip into the Desroches waters with a Marine Educator for a guided tour.
- Learn to Snorkel – Private Lesson
- A one-hour introductory lesson with WiseOceans
- Lagoon Discovery Snorkel
- A two-hour snorkel excursion with WiseOceans
- Learn to Snorkel – Complimentary Group Activity
- A one-hour session every Tuesday at 3:00 pm, providing snorkelling skills and confidence to those new to it. This is a group activity with a maximum of four participants, conducted in the shallow area in front of the Discovery Centre.