Discover incredible things to do in the Tokyo area, then let our expert concierge team tailor each experience to surpass your wildest expectations. Or tell us your private fantasy for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, and allow our dream makers to create your own truly unforgettable experience.
Sake Brewery Visit
- Embark on a journey into Japan’s favourite beverage at a historic brewery. Taste the pristine waters of Hakushu – from which sake is made – and discover ancient brewing techniques, followed by a traditional Japanese meal paired with sake. Enjoy a multitude of options that may be combined with this experience: fruit picking, a winery tour, soaking in onsen (natural hot springs) and a scenic drive around Mt. Fuji. Bookings must be made at least 10 days in advance. Available for 2–7 guests.
Interactive Japanese BBQ
- Hosted at an authentic restaurant in lively Roppongi, this private dining experience introduces you to Robatayaki, a centuries-old form of Japanese barbecue. Join our chef at the charcoal grill and try your hand at preparing a mouthwatering array of seafood, from abalone to clams. You will also learn the art of mochi pounding, a fascinating technique used to make Japanese rice cakes. Bookings must be made at least three days in advance. Available for 3–20 guests.
- They say the early bird catches the worm – or in this case, the tuna. Rise early and meet your guide, a fourth-generation Edomae sushi chef, for an insider’s visit to the famed Tsukiji Outer Market, followed by a private meal at the chef’s 100-year-old, family-owned restaurant. This experience is subject to availability. Booking must be made three weeks in advance.
- Join in on Cha-Kabuki, a popular game from the 12th to 14th century Kamakura to Nanbokucho periods, at modern-day Japanese tea salon Higashiya Ginza. Start with a blind tea tasting, and then guess the name and origin of each Japanese tea by its flavor and aroma. After a glimpse into the profound world of Japanese tea, enjoy a Kaiseki-ryori (traditional multi-course Japanese cuisine) featuring the best of Japanese tea. Bookings must be made three days in advance.
Kaiseki Dinner Aboard a Yakatabune Boat
- Make yourself at home and sink into the recessed seats – zashiki seating, as it is called here – on a traditional Japanese-style wooden boat while admiring the city views as you cruise down the Sumida River into Tokyo Bay, and as your home-style kaiseki (multi-course) dinner is served.
The Art of Kappabashi Street Food Models
- The perfect complement to an excursion on Kappabashi Street is a class at one of the specialized studios that have been handcrafting food-display models and perfecting the art for centuries. Your one-hour lesson will start with a demonstration by one of their experts allowing you to admire the technique and skillfulness that goes into each piece. Next, you will execute your very own model with the helpful guidance of staff. On your way out, be sure to stop by the boutique where you can purchase a wide array of fake food items or even “take-away” kits if you want to endeavor the process again upon your return home.
Learn More About Tokyo From Our Team
- View map
Sakura SeasonCome springtime, Tokyo is transformed into a wonderland of pastel pinks and soft whites. Visiting Japan’s iconic capital during “Sakura” season is an experience like no other, extending from lively picnics under blossoming boughs to contemplative walks through flower-lined pathways. With Tokyo Station just a four-minute walk away, Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi puts guests within easy reach of several sakura-viewing spots. Here, Chef Concierge Akhil Tiwari and his team present a roundup of their top ten recommendations.
- View map
Autumn Leaves Cycling MapIn autumn, Tokyo is transformed into a wonderland of red, yellow and brown leaves. Visiting Japan’s iconic capital during “Koyou” season is an experience like no other, extending from lively picnics under colourful trees to thoughtful strolls along pathways. With Tokyo Station just a four-minute walk away, Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi puts you within easy reach of historical and picturesque places. Here, Chef Concierge Akhil Tiwari and his team present a roundup of their top ten recommendations.